Dec 13, 2007

Under Pressure

"The Most Wondeful Time Of the Year" can certainly become busy. For the last few years, we have set out on Black Friday to search for and cut down our tree. For a variety of reasons, including the accumulating pine needles, we decided this year to wait. Until 5:30 last night, we were still without tree. Only because of a last minute cancellation were we able to find time for "the hunt". We left our house at 4:30, knowing we would have limited light by 5:30. We drove to our favorite farm in Ganges only to find out that they closed at 5:00. This gave us 16 minutes to find our tree. We all took off running in different directions, spurred on by the challange. Soon voices were calling out "I found it", "here she is", "no I like this one","Nathan tripped me," "my shoe needs tied", "Nathan pushed over a tree", "my shoe came untied again", "it's GOT to be 5:00 Babe". I stopped and looked around and pointed to the best looking tree that was in my field of vision, not even knowing what the OTHER side of the tree looked like. Nathan trotted up to tell the boy that indeed, we had found our tree while Doug began sawing. It's amazing what a little pressure can do for decision making. I'll post photos when we get her up.

1 comment:

dharmagirl said...

sounds like great fun! i'm tree-less this year, which makes me a little sad. i did bring a small faux tree to my office, which the sudents love! anywho, i can't wait to see your tree soon!