Jun 1, 2008

Spring Fling

I'm the type that once I've let something go awhile, it gets really difficult to get back to it. My baby books and photos are in that catagory now, so is my basement! Blogging has also sat on the back burner, ideas always abounding but time always lacking.

We've been super busy doing springish things around the place. Memorial Day weekend was spent weeding, barking and moving lots of green things. I had an entire lily garden that hadn't been divided in years and I single handidly moved it to create a nice landscape around the girls playhouse. We've decided to call it "The Lily Pad". I did all this from the stuff we already had an added some chives from my moms garden. The kids think these taste fantastic and feel at one with nature when they can walk by and pick them and let them hang from their mouths chewing on them. My sister passed this abode on to us when her girls grew too big for it. It even has wood floors! (Thanks Tina. Stop by and see it).


After the basic spring cleanup we began to move on to this years big project: The Vegetable Garden. This was intended to be a family project. Adrianna and Solomon tired of the hard work quickly and found a much more suitable way to spend a gorgeous day. This next week will be busy finishing the fence which is badly needed to keep all the wildlife from feasting and getting it planted! I'll get some pics up soon of the amazing job Doug did on the "penitentiary wall" around it.

I insisted that Solomon turn the frog toward him incase of a quick leap.

No comments: