Mar 11, 2009

Nine years ago


It was 79 degrees the day that Adrianna was born.

I took the 2 "older kids", (then ony 2 and 4) to the house of a friend in downtown Holland. She lived near a park and we walked the 3 blocks to Moran Park. I still remember I had on black leggins and a black/white striped long sleeve shirt. The walk back to her house seemed to take forever in that heat and my condition. I think it was the walk back that sent me to the hospital 2 hours later.

We set records that day for warm temps. Sure wish we could do that again sometime soon! My, how the years do proceed at great speed.

Here is a little something that Doug and Nathan whipped up in the barn while the girls and I drove to see the mini horses on her birthday.

Once again, the James blood prevailed in the Choosing of The Cake. Nothing baked at home with love. Nothing that requires days of labor and many bowls. No sweet fragrance filling the rooms leaving all who smell longing for The Moment. Nope, it was DQ Ice Cream Cake. With blue frosting and horses on top.

No comments: