Nov 6, 2011

Kicked Out?

My sister has told me that at some point in your child's teen years,
our pediatric dentist gracefully gives them the boot-
sending them prematurely into adulthood
by denying them the familiar, safe environment they have come to associate with
The Dentist.
 To relax while watching the train
coming and going, only to appear again
while your teeth being cleaned
with your choice of Cotton Candy, Chocolate or Bubble Gum flavoring,
getting a baggie filled with a new Jr. toothbrush, toothpast and floss
PLUS your choice from the toy chest
is almost a Right of The Child, who cannot vote until they turn 18
so WHY deny them this childhood ritual of sorts?


I really thought last week would be The Day for Nathan.
I do not know the criteria used to determine when the child is ready for
The Boot,
but apparantly shoe size and ability to still fit in the largest chair are not on the list.




 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My pediatric doctor saw my girls until they were 18. (voting age) why can't the dentist do the same? They need a bigger chair. =0)