Dec 2, 2011

"I'm Glad for What I Have"...~veggie tales

Happy Thanksgiving
We, as American's,
are most blessed.
We have so much
to give thanks for.
If we only knew....

2 new (old) serving dishes graced our table on Thanksgiving
I love throwbacks with sentimental value


My personal plate.
Roasted sweet potatoes w/onion,
sauteed kale, cornbread & sage dressing,
cranberries and a nice dollup of sour creme...
Yes people, I DO eat on Thanksgiving.




Solomon insisted that this bird was blogworthy.
He was very intrigued by the entire turkey process
and really wanted me to photograph her
"with her skin white" (before cooking).
Not only did I find that idea repulsive,
it was also utterly impossible
because of the gallon size bags I had on each hand
while handling this thing.
(I was out of gloves).

Luckily he forgot about finding the camera
but launched into a serious investigation of HOW
"they" get the internal organs out of the bird
without cutting it open...

I quietly told him that Mommy gets very agitated
dealing with raw poultry due to the potential
for bacteria spewing everywhere, which sent him running, 
MUCH to my relief,
as I did NOT want to have to explain the contents of "the bag".

No comments: