Feb 21, 2012

Blogmania

A friend and I have regular conversations
about bi-polar disorder.
Mostly because at any given time, one of us feels
either really good or fairly psychotic.
We use the term lightly, not at all carrying the full weight
that a real diagnosis would.
Mostly it is the upswings that garner so much discussion.
 An entire post could be dedicated to
what people who are in their mania phase spend their time doing.

This post could be the textbook stuff like staying up for
days on end, spending tens of thousands of dollars on clothes,
speaking really fast with random subject changes,
jumping off high bridges, internet gambling,
changing haircolor every third day, changing careers (or our names),
getting pregnant, adopting a dog, taking up French, then German,
organizing socks by name brand, and pulling this off while sustained
solely on coffee, diet pop and a french baguette from Panerra.

This is about us though, and we are nowhere near being textbook. 
We wannabe bipolars do those things in smallish degrees.
Our highs and lows not nearly so radical,
our lives not ruined by our bad choices,
our days not spent in bed in darkened rooms.
I do see it though, the list above could be applicable,
in smallish degrees.

I have been getting some really odd places purged lately though.
And spent some time laying in bed with sick kids.
Which is why I haven't hit this blog for a bit.
I can see pattern throughout this journal.
Sometimes I "find" time to think and writing ensues.
But sometimes my medicine cabinet is purged;
no beyond the date meds, everything arranged alphabetically.

In a picture, the flip/flop feels like the difference between this photo

and this one

I'm hoping to spend lots of manic nights on this blog, but then.
My garage awaits.

No comments: