Mar 26, 2012

Veggie Tales

A friend sent this home with me today.
Straight out of her garden; like- still kickin. If it could kick.
Actually she sent this times 3 but this is what I cooked for a late lunch.


As I was prepping it to roast, Adrianna kept closeby
curiously eyeing it and asking lots of questions about its taste.
You KNOW Adrianna has never even put a piece of this
within her personal bubble, much less in her mouth.
She IS asking though.
Baby steps.


I took one of the tiniest heads off, after roasting with course garlic
but before adding the balsamic browned butter.
I casually handed it to her figuring she would
play with it until it looked like baby food.
SHE PUT IT IN HER MOUTH!
Not sure what she did with it as she has learned
to swallow pills now
but she sure did her disappearing act, very quickly.

Solomon however really, really loved what I told her about
WHY a person MIGHT not enjoy eating asparagus.
Actually the after effects.
He is probably still laughing.

I, personally, think it was worth it.
Yeeeeeum.

No comments: