Jan 9, 2013

Adieu 2012

The memories of this holiday season are to be stored
and retrieved not from this blog
nor the 2012 leather bound photo album,
but from good old fashioned memory.
It was just
one of those years.
I did my best.

Even now I struggle to hen peck this post out
with my left arm enveloped by a cumbersome wrist brace.

Christmas 2012 though will remind me of
super long games of Canasta, turkey and ham on my mom's homemade dinner rolls,
waiting for snow,
green Guess down coat,
book reading marathons, remote control helo's hovering,
Mexicali food, french toast from the oven,
cheesecake wars, massive amounts of new sheet music,
diabetic socks hiding a pocket knife, The Pacific, kickers, fog lights,
luscious furry vests and robins in various forms.
Oh. And a vault.
Did I mention peanut brittle? 2 kinds.

The Wave. I find it particularly difficult to type the word.
It has 2 wheels and wiggles in the center.
My current fear will be changed into courage by summer.

No photo of stunning, if not shortish spruce tree,
that we could have traded in for Frasier Fir 1 hour later for the same price.

It feels like yesterday.
And like yesterday, it is history.

No comments: