Oct 16, 2011

Why I Did What I Did (confessions of a midnight gardener)

1 of only 2 blooms.
In 8 years.
THAT is why I cut the stinkers back.
Way back.
I trimmed, pruned, moved, fed some but not others,
removed half the bush in many efforts
to get those heavy, gorgeous blooms.
This year I will cover with burlap.
2 blooms.



This is number two.




There is little color left,
something I intend to change for next fall.
The roses have yet to succumb,
along with a few stray hearty soldiers.


Imagine my immense disappointment
when my ALL WHITE mums
began to turn when the rains came.
They were gorgeous,
like a huge bouquet of miniature roses.
Now, they look like...
fall mums.

Therapy trick #2 is to walk out to the basil plant
several times daily and run your hands through it or better yet,
dead head it and pick a few leaves
for the salad or black bean burger.
Same goes for any remaining tomato plants.
(solar light added for night therapy)


One of my new favorites.



No comments: