Nov 1, 2011

"I Saw the Light"....


Ok. It is a wierd and dated title
but I am sitting in a coffee house loading these pics 
and the guitarist is singing gospel tonight.
The song reminded me of last week
when I was dusting in the library,
I had one those "light bulb" moments.
There, on the shelf
sat a small glimpse of a boy,
a profile view, that appears to be staged,
revealing the side of him that carries over into much of his life.   
I did not move a thing before taking these two pics.
  
The military custom of everything having it's own place
has always suited Nathan-
for him, it is not a learned thing.
This flashcard was flipped up, as is.
                                      
*******


 
Nathan was recently named Honor Cadet
of his Squadron.
As such, he is also the Guideon Bearer
for the next 3 months.
(I do not know if Guide On is one word. It means flag.)









Tonight was PT (Physical Training)
         











Nathan does a pretty good mile.
(Unfortunately, as they were coming back in
I grabbed the Canon and found her to be an unwilling partner
in documenting the evening news.
I  frantically changed only 2 of the batteries
and fumbling with settings.
The results are obvious.

Nathan prefers to start  with or behind the fastest runner
and let that person lead
<> <>
He really enjoys the thrill
and challenge
of coming in from behind.



Tonight he ran a 6:08



No comments: