May 16, 2012

More James Kids

Baby goats are so darn cute,
watching them is almost as therapeutic
as riding a horse.

We drove so far and wide for these adorable things,
we could have made it Kentucky for the derby
in the same amount of time.


As an aside,
goat country does not boast coffee shops
but miles of gorgeous, virgin woods and hilly roads.

We brought a plastic tub with and when they finally fell asleep,
we covered it with a blanket and made a fast dash into Wendy's
for a quick restroom break.
 Then, an hour later stopped at a rest area
to give them theirs.


One thing I have learned already
is that imitating a goat, something that most people do to get them to sing
their precious little "Baaaaaa",
is really a skill to learn and be honed.
I think I can make the sound,
until they do it and I realize how foolish I sound.


They are bottle babies and as such,
they need hand fed 4 times per day.
That is actuallly one of the best times;
just like bonding with a baby.
I'm glad my kids will now remember
feeding other kids with a bottle.

The goat pen evolves a bit every day.
For now they sleep in a stall at night.
Last night though, due to the storms,
they slept in the mudroom in Lily's dog crate.
Don't tell my sister.
She might faint.

No comments: