Jun 14, 2012

"I feel like it's Christmas morning"...

I know I've mentioned my niece here on this blog.
I have more than one niece owning to the fact
that I have many siblings.

This particular niece has been mentioned for
her brilliance, brains and beauty.

Tonight though I boast not about her accomplishments,
wisdom or degrees, but because she is
A Bride To Be.

Last weekend one of my sisters
hosted a shower for said B2B.
Pink and purple abounded as did variations of egg and vegetarian foods,
 perfectly placed flowers, herbs and 2 variations on Mimosa.
And of course, cupcakes.
It was perfectly, her.





 

I'm thinking of her reading this,
wondering if I should have placed that comma in that last sentence.
But alas, I have chosen to blog without fear
of being critiqued.
Knowing that the way to avoid criticism is
to say nothing,
do nothing,
be nothing.
                 ~Aristotle

Also noting that for now, this month,
she is, The Bride To Be
not the Professor seeking perfection.
Least from me.


A cute, young girl that will probably
be part of the family someday took this group photo.

Insert here, a special shoutout to Kyra,
who makes her official debut on my blog.

I am so excited for my niece as I remember the fairy tale moments
leading up to and including my wedding day.
I am certain the weather is going to cooperate
and there will be many beautiful moments that day.

She and her fiance are choosing a non traditional theme and setting;
something I wish we would have done more of.
Back in 1992, having an all white wedding was "out there"
as displayed by the frowns and grimaces by the sales ladies at the local bridal salon.


I am so glad my sister goes before me as Mother of The Bride
and of the stress that must accompany such a title.
Indeed, she goes before me in most things,
as I AM the baby.


I am also giddy to have a real invite,
RSVP and all,
and a chance to wear something other than
flip flops and mud boots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, she is beautiful, reminds of your sis (her mother) at that age. Yes we've been friends that long. I have some news of my own. Amanda, my oldest is having a "soz" ceremony in Turkey this weekend. It is a Turkish tradition that symbolizes commitment. Amanda and her soon to be bridegroom Samet will exchange rings at a small pre-engagement ceremony in Istambul at a friends home. She will then be home for the summer. Yes, I'm excited.

Love ya,
Kristi